Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday thirteen: 13 celebrity doodles

I'm participating in Thurday thirteen!



If you visit this blog often, you probably know that I'm a doodler. I love to doodle. I have to doodle.

Just last week I serendipitously discovered that today, May 7, is National Doodle Day in the United States! Celebrities (and non-celebrities) have donated doodles to be auctioned on eBay to raise funds for the fight against neurofibromatosis.

Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects one in every 2,500 births. NF is more common than Cystic Fibrosis, Muscular Dystrophy and Huntington’s Disease combined. Funds raised from the Doodle Day auction will go to support education, advocacy, coalitions, and research for treatments and a cure.

So, for today's list, I'm going to show you 13 of the cool Doodle Day celebrity doodles. I encourage you to visit the Doodle Day site to see more. And, if you want to bid on any of them, they're being auctioned from May 7th to 17th.

Just click on any of the images to see the larger version at the Doodle Day site.

1.

by Gillian Anderson (The X-Files)

2.

by Christopher Atkins (The Blue Lagoon)
(When I was about 13, my best friend had a poster of Christopher Atkins dressed in his Blue Lagoon loincloth on her bedroom wall. Her grandmother was so scandalized by it that she tacked a towel over the poster so Chris wouldn't be so exposed!)

3.

by Tony Bennett
(Besides being an awesome musician, he's also an accomplished painter!)

4.

by Tom Bosley (Happy Days)

5.

by James Cromwell (Babe)

6.

by Dom DeLuise
(I was sad to learn that Dom DeLuise passed away earlier this week. He was a delightful entertainer and I have adored him since I was a kid. May he rest in peace.)

7.

by Chef Duff (Ace of Cakes)
(I'm an Ace of Cakes junkie. Duff rules!)

8.

by Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie)

9.

by Steve Martin (wild and crazy guy)
(BTW, have you seen Steve Martin's business card? It's way cool.)

10.

by Rue McClanahan (The Golden Girls)

11.

by Kevin Nealon (Saturday Night Live)

12.

by Matthew Perry (Friends)
(Could this BE any cuter?)

13.

by Stellan SkarsgÄrd (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Now go and check out the rest of the doodles at the Doodle Day site. Go now!

4 comments:

alantru said...

Very cool. I'll definitely check it out.

About Gillian Anderson's doodlings... Um, is it me, or do they all look like penis tips?

James Cromwell's doodles reminded of James Thurber's cartons.

Andi said...

Thanks. I didn't see penis tips till you pointed them out. Now I can't UN-see them!!!

BTW, thanks for the advice about the gum. I put it to good use in a meeting this morning. Damn near broke my jaw, I was chewing so hard! :o)

lovesmukiwa said...

from one doodler to another...Thats the coolest t-13 ever.
Loved it.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Kewl idea for a T-13! Loved all these doodles and appreciate the link to National Doodle Day. Methinks I'll add it to MY calendar, just because ;--)
Hugs and blessings,